Authory is a web-based platform that helps journalists, writers, and bloggers to build their online presence by creating a comprehensive archive of their work. It is an excellent tool for freelance journalists who work for multiple publications and want to showcase their writing portfolio in one place. In this review, we will discuss the features, pros and cons of Authory, and provide a rating based on our evaluation.
Authory is packed with useful features that make it easy for writers to manage their portfolio. The following are the key features of Authory:
- Archive: The archive is the core feature of Authory, which allows writers to import all their articles from various publications automatically. Once the articles are imported, writers can organize them by category, publication, or tag. The archive also includes a search feature that helps writers to find specific articles quickly.
- Analytics: Authory provides detailed analytics on the performance of each article, including page views, social media shares, and comments. This feature is helpful for writers to understand which articles are popular and which ones need improvement.
- Newsletter: Authory allows writers to create a newsletter and send it to their subscribers. The newsletter can be customized with a personalized message, articles, and images.
- Custom Domain: Writers can set up a custom domain for their Authory account, which gives them a professional-looking website.
- Collaboration: Authory allows writers to collaborate with other writers, editors, and publishers. This feature is useful for freelance writers who work with multiple publications and editors.
- Integration: Authory integrates with other tools such as Medium, WordPress, and Substack, making it easy to publish articles on multiple platforms.
- Easy to use: Authory is easy to use, and the interface is intuitive, making it simple for writers to manage their archive and create newsletters.
- Comprehensive archive: Authory’s archive is comprehensive, and it automatically imports all articles from various publications, making it easy for writers to manage their portfolio.
- Analytics: Authory provides detailed analytics on the performance of each article, which is helpful for writers to understand which articles are popular and which ones need improvement.
- Custom domain: Authory allows writers to set up a custom domain, which gives them a professional-looking website.
- Collaboration: Authory allows writers to collaborate with other writers, editors, and publishers, making it easy for freelance writers to work with multiple publications and editors.
- Cost: Authory is relatively expensive, and the pricing plan may not be affordable for small writers and bloggers.
- Limited customization: Authory’s customization options are limited, and writers may not be able to customize their website as much as they want.
- Limited integrations: Authory’s integrations are limited, and it may not integrate with some of the platforms that writers use, making it difficult for them to publish articles on those platforms.
- No mobile app: Authory does not have a mobile app, which may be inconvenient for writers who want to manage their portfolio on the go.
Based on our evaluation, we give Authory a rating of 4 out of 5. Authory is an excellent tool for freelance journalists who work for multiple publications and want to showcase their writing portfolio in one place. The comprehensive archive, analytics, custom domain, collaboration, and integration features make it easy for writers to manage their portfolio and work with multiple publications and editors. However, the cost, limited customization, limited integrations, and lack of a mobile app may be a concern for some writers. Overall, Authory is a great platform that can help writers build their online presence and showcase their work to a broader audience.